420 MAIN ST,
Gracious and warm, this two-story log building was constructed of white cedar in 1860 with large addition around 1900. The historic Phelps, Peck & Company House has sheltered a diverse mix of business and families down through the years. It currently houses 2 business and 1 apartment, but it could just as easily be used as a single family residence, or apartment & 2 businesses,or 3 business, or 3 apartments. Utility meters are separate for each of the three units, with two units on ground floor and one unit upstairs. Multi-use zoning is already in place for this well maintained structure with many improvements, including new new electrical, plumbing, sewer and heating(gas or electric)systems, remodeled bathroom with original clawfoot tub, and more. Large rooms with high ceilings throughout, plus a vaulted great room that begs to be chef's dream kitchen. Ample private parking, plus a large back yard. Current owner has occupied the building since 2008.